happiness is the secret to all beauty. there is no beauty that is attractive without happiness. - christian dior


Thursday, 20 September 2012

Whats In My Makeup Bag?

It's been over two years since I last made a 'Whats In My Makeup Bag?' post, so of course a lot of products have changed. A few however, of my tried and tested trusty favorites are still here.

This isn't my only makeup, nor is it the makeup I carry around in my purse. This is pretty much a collection of my most used products that I can reach for and rely upon on a day to day basis :-)


















Firstly my base products: Smashbox Photofinish Primer, in the regular/oil free formula. I love this stuff for creating a smooth base on which to apply my foundation - Revlon's Colorstay Whipped in Ivory. I switch foundations as often as my underwear but this one is a firm favorite at the moment. Feels fresher and more natural on the skin than the original formula, in my opinion. Next I conceal undereye circles with Bobbi Browns Corrector in Porcelain Bisque, and any other blemishes with Smashbox's HD Concealer in Fair/Light. I set underneath my eyes with Laura Merciers Secret Brightening Powder and all over the face with her Translucent Setting Powder -


















Next for my cheeks, these three products have been used for the past three years or so. Scroll back through my blog and I'm sure you will see these mentioned plenty of times over. Dainty Mineralized blush for my apples, Tenderling to just warm up my face a little and Lightscapade MSF to highlight. All from MAC Cosmetics -


















The eye primer I have been loving recently is Too Faced Shadow Insurance and my most worn eye products are Urban Decays Naked all over the lid or to highlight and Victorias Secret's Between The Sheets which is a beautiful warm bronze. I tend to stick with MAC Teddy as an eyeliner lately, either on the waterlines or smudged all over the lid for an easy smokey eye. Mascara is Bourjois Fast & Perfect - the one that spins - and my brows are filled in with Anastasias Brow Duo in Strawburn before being set lightly with her Brow Gel in the shade Caramel -


















And last but not least, the lip products currently in my makeup bag are a No7 Lipliner in the shade Nude, a Maybelline 14Hr Lipstick in Perpetual Peony (absolutely love this and really does go the distance) and another all time favorite which is constantly repurchased - YSL's Rouge Volupte 02 Sensual Silk -



Link me to your makeup bag posts!


2 comments:

  1. Love the contents of your make up bag!
    If you want to see whats in mine then it's here on my blog
    Beauty Fiends Blog
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's mine! :)

    http://phbargainhunter.blogspot.com/2012/09/whats-in-my-makeup-bag.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails